Cotswold Canals in Pictures

The Daneway Inn

This is about half a kilometre from the Daneway entrance to Sapperton Canal Tunnel.

The builiding was constructed in 1784 by a canal contractor and was used by men working on the construction of the tunnel.  In 1807 the Canal Company sold it and it became the Bricklayer's Arms.

The Inn would have been an important stopping-off point for those using the canal tunnel throughout its operational life.

(Tap / click images to enlarge)

 

The Daneway Inn
The Daneway Inn, near Sapperton
The Daneway Inn
The Daneway Inn, near Sapperton