The Cotswold Canals In Pictures (CCiP) website illustrates the Stroudwater Navigation and Thames & Severn Canal through some 1,000+ photographs from more than 240 locations along the canals. These show the restoration progress, surviving structures, obstructions to navigation and other points of interest where access to the canals has been possible.
The site includes a number of articles about various aspects of the canals and their history.
The CCiP website and the CCiP Towpath Guide apps do not collect, store or share any personal information.
The CCiP web server does collect site usage statistics (as virtually all web servers do). This data, which does not contain any personal information, is used only to evaluate how the site is performing.
Cotswold Canal In Pictures would like to thank the following...
- John Morris for proof reading much of the site's content.
- Ben Ellis for his informative suggestions on how to improve the CCT PDF map, and for improving the quality of the site's content by highlighting various issues over several years.
- Richard Lord for the giving permission for CCiP to publish a collection of his c1960s photos.
- Ken Bailey and Robert Paget for aerial photographs of the Phase 1B canal restoration route.
- Richard Fairhurst for allowing the Cotswold Canals map to be reproduced on this site.
- The owners of Lock Cottage (Framilode), the former wharf house at Kempsford and 'Blue House' (near Ewen) for their kind permission in allowing photographs to be taken on their property for this website.
- Charles Lyne, Ken Burgin and Tom Lee for contributing photos.