The CCiP Towpath Guide app provides information on over 200 points of interest for those walking or cycling along the Cotswold Canals, and uses your location to determine the nearest to you.
It also contains walking routes for the following canal sections:
- Walk 1 - Saul Junction to the A38 at Whitminster (start of the 'Missing Mile')
- Walk 2 - Westfield Bridge (end of the 'Missing Mile') to Stroud
- Walk 3 - Stroud to Daneway (Sapperton Canal Tunnel)
- Walk 3 - Sapperton Canal Tunnel, Coates to Source of the Thames.
- Walk 5 - Siddington to Latton.
In addition, it also has information on a number of more isolated canal locations (where the canal is not generally accessible) if they are adjacent to a public footpath or highway.
Latest Version: 4.0, October 2022
- Off-line data is now included so there is no loss of functionality in places where there is no network coverage.
- An option to only use off-line data is also available which, when selected, minimises mobile data usage.
- Readability in Dark Mode has been improved.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
CCiP welcomes feedback on the app, including suggestions for future enhancements.