The Towpath Guide app provides information on over 200 points of interest those walking or cycling along the Cotswold Canals and uses your location to determine those nearest to you.
Towpath Guide Coverage
The guide contains walking routes for the following canal sections:
- Route 1 Part 1 - Saul Junction to the A38 at Whitminster (start of 'Missing Mile')
- Route 1 Part 2 - Westfield Bridge (end of 'Missing Mile') to Stroud
- Route 2 - Stroud to Daneway (Sapperton Canal Tunnel)
- Route 3 - Sapperton Canal Tunnel, Coates to Source of the Thames.
- Route 4 - Siddington to Latton.
It also includes information on a number of more isolated locations (where the canal is not generally accessible) where access is provided by a footpath or highway.
Version 3, includes a number of walking routes along the canals - with measured distances - and details of refreshment stops etc..
App last updated: July 2022 (v3.2).
CCiP welcomes feedback on the app, including suggestions for future enhancements.