Saul Junction on the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal marks the western end of the Cotswold Canals (Stroudwater Navigation) and is where they join the National Waterways Network.
Before the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal opened in 1827, boats on the Stroudwater travelled nearly another mile west to join the River Severn at Upper Framilode. This section is now referred to as the 'Old Stroudwater' and has been effectively abandoned.
Saul Junction is also home to one of the Cotswold Canals Trust's visitor centres and a trip boat.
(Tap / click images to enlarge)