This is on the A419 Cirencester Road at the bottom of Cowcombe Hill in Chalford. There is a short length of infilling at this point which starts just to the left of the shop in the picture below, which is now the popular Lavender Bakehouse. The original bridge was rebuilt in 1933 to remove a bend in the road. In the 1950s the road was widened and the canal culverted, as it remains today. Most of the 1930s bridge survives under the road, however this is not visible. The canal towpath changes to the opposite bank at this point.
(Tap / click images to enlarge)